Week 2

flickr. Tomatoes | by The Ewan

Why all the tomatoes? They’re the answer to the question: What did you do during Week #2?

What did I do all week long?  A bunch of pomodoros for my FSD grant proposal.

Image Credit: Fractus Learning

The Pomodoro Technique

Weekend 2

I was very sick all weekend, and unfortunately, that extended into Monday. On Monday, we (FSD, Internation SOS [ISOS], my parents, and myself)* decided I should go to the hospital. I went to Hospital Metropolitano Vivian Pellas. It was very swanky and nice.

Gosh, it was my first time ever being a patient or being admitted to a hospital in my adult life.

As a toddler, there were a few emergency room visits for stitches here and there. My most notable is when I had to get stitches because I was chasing my older brother in Ikea and then ran into a glass door. I still have a noticeable scar on my forehead. Yeah, I’m kind of like Harry Potter; it’s no big deal. 😉

They even sent me home with my x-ray and ultrasound imaging! By far the best and coolest souvenir I’ve ever gotten from a hospital and abroad.

As of June 15, 2017, the day and time of this post being published, I’m well and much better.

“… he who’s down one day can be up the next, unless he really wants to stay in bed, that is…”
Don Quijote

“A tooth is much more to be prized than a diamond.”
Don Quijote

Like Don Quijote, I also learned to value and prioritize my health a lot more than I did originally.

Notitas:

*I really didn’t want to go and wanted to wait it out. Retrospectively, I’m glad I was convinced otherwise.